5 Simple Steps to Follow When Washing Your Hands.
We should all practice good hygiene, washing our hands is the easiest way to protect ourselves and loved ones from getting sick. Researchers at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine found evidence that washing hands can reduce the risk of diarrheal disease associated deaths by 42-47% which could save a million lives a year!
Did you ever think there as a right way to wash your hands? According to the CDC there are 5 simple steps to follow when washing your hands:
- Wet your hands with clean, warm or cold running water and apply soap.
- Completely lather hands and nails.
- Vigorously scrub your hands for 20 seconds. How long is 20 seconds, sing “happy birthday” twice.
- Rinse well with clean, running water
- Finally, dry with a clean towel.
While washing your hands is the most effective it’s not always accessible, so it’s a good idea to be prepared and carry hand sanitizer as back up. While sanitizers do help to reduce germs, they do not kill all types. Be sure to choose an alcohol-based sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Apply hand sanitizer as directed on the label.
Learn more about the CDC recommend hand hygiene, click here.
- Forces of Nature