Gout, What Are The Symptoms and How Do You Treat It?
Gout is a type of arthritis that can be characterized by severe and almost sudden attacks of pain, inflammation, tenderness, burning and redness in the joints. Usually affecting a single joint in the lower extremities such as the base of the big toe. However, severe gout can sometimes affect many joints at one time, known as polyarticular gout. Affected joints become so swollen, hot and tender that suffers have even complained bed sheets weigh too much to tolerate. If left untreated you then deal with recurrent gout which can later result in the formation of kidney stones, irreversible joint damage or even tophi.
But what causes Gout?Caused by a buildup of uric acid in the bloodstream and tissue of the body, crystals deposit in the joints causing painful gout. Some causes of these elevated uric acid levels include obesity, certain medications such as water pills, decreased kidney function and genetics. Normally found in the body as a byproduct of the way the body breaks down certain proteins called purines. Both men and women can be a victim of this.
So, if you think that you are suffering from gout, then there are two things that you need to know. One, is the symptoms of gout to make sure you truly have it, and secondly how to treat it. Here these two things have been discussed in detail for your convenience.
The symptoms of gout in foot are as follows:
- Severe joint pain- The large joint of the big toe usually get affects by gout. But can also occur in hands, wrists, ankles, feet and knees. After it begins, you will suffer from intense pain within the first 4-12 hours.
- Lasting discomfort- The intense pain after few hours will gradually subside but you will suffer from lingering discomfort in the affected joint area for many days. In many cases, people have suffered from this discomfort for many weeks.
- Redness and inflammation- The best way to understand if the joint pain you are dealing with is in fact from gout will be by seeing if the affected joint has become tender, swollen, red and warm. These are some of the most common signs and symptoms of gout.
Restricted motion- As the gout will progress; the sufferer will deal with a limited motion or mobility in the affected joint.
Fortunately, there many safe methods of treating gout at home only, and they are as follows:
- Cold compresses and packs- If the condition is not too serious, it will be best to use cold compresses on the affected joint as it will reduce pain and also inflammation. It is recommended that a sufferer does this at least 4 times for 30-40minutes each time.
- Drinking water and eating right- When your body is producing too much uric acid or excreting too little of it, then the buildup of it can aid in the formation of Urate crystals which leads to gout. So, if you drink water then the level of uric acid in your body will be stabilized. Similarly, it will be better to avoid eating foods like organ meats, fatty foods, seafood and alcohol every day. These foods are rich in purines known for increasing the uric acid the consumer’s blood.
Now there is another treatment for dealing with the pain of gout; a breakthrough natural gout treatment from Forces of Nature Medicine. Its effectiveness is supported through science, its purity and safety established through organic certifications.
- Forces of Nature